If you do have problem on installing Microsoft windows XP here is some tips and tricks.
I have a computer where the CD does not work?
Solution to this is to replace the CD, but for those that can’t a better way is to get a 2GB USB memory and install XP from this.
(Remember that bigger then 2GB will not work for this solution presented here. FAT16 only support up to 2GB, needed to make it bootable with the ISO)
Remember that you are needed to get the source from a orginal XP installation cd, if possible use another computer to create the bootable USB-stick.
– Look at this link for Eng on how to make a USB-stick bootable for XP installation.
Titta pÃ¥ denna sida pÃ¥ svenska om hur man gÃ¶r en bootbar USB-sticka fÃ¶r att installera XP pÃ¥.
I have a SATA harddrive but cannot find it when installing? Need of drivers?
– Check in BIOS if there is possible to DISABLE AHCI, then the SATA drive will act as a IDE drive instead. This gives the possibility to install XP without the need of drivers to the SATA drive.
– Use the drivers from the manufacture and use a Floppy reader. Read in the files by pressing F6 at start when the files are read in.
I dont have a floppy in the computer and cannot connect a internal one, what to do?
– Use the drivers from the manufacture and use a External Floppy reader that you connect to the USB. And read in the files by pressing F6 at start when the files are read in.
– Other solution is to create a own ISO of the installation, by using nLite it is possible to add drivers and config the installation and thereby no need of an floppy disc. And you will have a Cd that always setup the XP installation as you want without being disturb a installation with questions.
It easy to create a ISO file and you will need a CD/CDRW to burn the new ISO file to and install from.
Hope some of this hints help you out..